December 8, 2008

Gaps in History

Its an interesting phrase: "Gaps in History" What happens during those periods of non-recorded time? My theory is...not much. People lived their lives. I base this theory on the gap in this written record. November 23rd to December 8th - 15 days. And yet, as I think back, things did happen. Wonderful things, mundane things, and even upsetting things. I was content, however, to live them and not write about them.

So, it has been half a month since I updated this blog. Most people apologize to their "readers" and make excuses. Its as if the blog were an obligation that needed to be fulfilled, but could be postponed with sincere sorrow.
Well, you shall get no such apology from me. Nope. So I didn't write. Its not as if this ruined somebody's day. Someone who could not have a pleasurable or productive day without hearing what I had been doing! Where is he? Who is he with? When will I get answers!!!
If anybody does fit this description, well....eh..I am flattered, but we need to talk.
Also....I'm sorry. *damn*

However, I would be amiss if I did not comment on the wonderful Thanksgiving holiday that I had! A glorious day to be thankful - small mountain town with my family and two of my closest friends! We feasted on a glorious meal, had amazing fun, played games, and enjoyed good wine while the snow fell lightly outside. The day after was equally enjoyable, if not more! Rather, the two days cannot be separated in my mind. Four of us (my brother and my two close friends) ventured into the "wilderness" and enjoyed a lovely hike. My favorite section found us hiking along in a gentle snowstorm. Not too cold and not too wet. We were happy and enthralled by the beauty of what we hiked through. Good friends sharing this moment. The snow lightly covering everything around us. Seeing the clouds and snow fill the valleys that lay around us. Hearing the snow land lightly on the crisp fallen oak brush leaves that marked the trail on either side. A moment of peace. A few days filled with laughter, amazing food, and moments that demanded your attention in a very welcoming way.
Ahhhhh.....

Since then....working and carrying on with life. I inspect homes with the goal of energy efficiency. I fail at making cold calls to schedule appointments. I look ahead to Christmas and all that "must" be done. I chop wood, cook, eat, and enjoy my family - despite their busy lives.

December 12th will find me driving from Rye to Canon City, then to Colorado Springs and on up to Boulder. December 13th will find me in Denver and then Chicago. It is high time that I go see one of my best friends. So, a short trip to Michigan will be a much needed break from the small town of Rye. Time with two of my best friends -- I can't wait!

So, things happened. I am still unsure about my future and still often get frustrated with my situation. I long to be doing something on my own and making my own way through life. Yet, I am patient.
Lately music has been immensely helpful in calming my frustrations and adding to my patience. The lyrics and melodies keep me light and hopeful.


Perhaps I will share some of those effects with you?
;-)

3 comments:

Kim Z.W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Z.W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Z.W. said...

I confess I am one of those who get anxious if people haven't posted anything new for a while. I don't know if I'm just nosy, or if I'm so bored that I need these detailed descriptions so I can live vicariously through the mind of others... I'll say it's because I care and am interested in what you're up to. ;^)

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy the holidays as much as possible!! Finally, there's no school to get in the way.

ps. Sorry about all the deleted comments. Today is one of those days where I keep having terrible grammatical errors but don't realize it until AFTER posting. *sigh*